Set in a peaceful valley and surrounded by pleasant views, the campsite is a lovely place to take a break or as an excellent base to explore the National Park : this fantastic reserve of natural land set aside for human recreation and enjoyment.
And the best known and most prestigious of cycling’s three “Grand Tours”, the Tour de France passes nearby the campsite this year !!
On site each evening (July/ August) “Les PYRENEES : a paradise for nature lovers”.
During your stay you can find different activities organised by the campsite :
-Mountain walks : departure every days from the campsite.
Our mountain guide “Pierre” is at your disposal to present a slideshow and guide you on hikes you can follow, discovering the wildlife and flora of the high Pyrenees. If you want to see the majestic sunrise over the pryrenees Pierre invites you to a night overflowing with the emotion of discovery. Walking with a guide gives you a better chance to appreciate the mountain environment in all its splendour, and learn more about making your own way in the mountains.
-Canyoning : An easy canyoning route in the pyrenees that is suitable for beginners whatever your level, ideal for families and groups.
– Rafting : a unique outdoor experience on the rivier at the foot of the National Park of Pyrenees.
–Via Ferrata :if you don’t have climbing experience, we would recommend to practice via ferrata with a mountain guide. Ideal for a first time with children, it allows you to climb small cliffs and to have a nice view and good sensations with your family in total safety. The guide will teach you techniques which will help you to climb better.
After those sportive acivities enjoy a moment of relaxation :
– Well being and massage on site with “Muriel” : profoundly relaxing massage, when you get up off the table, you feel different – refreshed and rejuvenated !
Or enjoy of the panoramic vieuw ont the valley from our terrasse with a coktail
–At the restaurant : the campsite propose every day local dishes to discover the Pyrenean gastronomy. Enjoy the quality of the South of France !
« GET ACTIVE HOLYDAY HERE ? »
The Pyrenees are an incredible destination for cyclists.
But the French Pyrenees is a road cyclists’ heaven offering challenging climbs, high speed descents or gentle rolling terrain.
Road bike ? The Camping du Lac is ideally situated in the middle of the most spectacular climbs : Tourmalet, Aspin, Soulor, Aubisque. Enjoy the beautiful lanscape !
Moutainbike ? From the camping lots of cycling circuits. Wild nature in the woods or along a lake … you have the choice among 5 valleys.
« FUNNY AND PEDAGOGIC ? » THERE’S PLENTY FOR CHILDREN TO DO ! JUST NEAR THE CAMPSITE
- Explore the Pic du Midi the most beautiful panorama in the Pyrenees one of the great sites here
- The Betharram grottos are considered some of the most beautiful grottos in the world and are definitely the most interesting to visit because of their large variety of formations
- Another vision of nature in the “Parc Animalier des Pyrenées” A little corner of paradise for children
- The most prestigious collections of birds of prey : Kites, Vultures, Eagles, Fish Eagles, Falcons and Buzzards with Parrots in the summer
« A RELAXING STAY ? »
- Make the most of the fresh mountain air around the heated swimming pool
- There is always something to do in the south of France : walled towns and picturesque villages
- Each day traditional markets with many local products. Of course LOURDES and its sanctuaries…
- Be tempted with a thalassotherapie in “Aquensis”, completely dedicated to well-being and to the various pleasures of thermal springs Jacuzzi sauna hammams… (15 min from the campsite)