A lovely family friendly campsite in the Pyrenees.
Escape to a haven of tranquility !
Camping here is an ideal place for a relaxing break as welle as a good base from wich to explore the attractions of the area.
A haven for bird watchers and walkers alike.
Our campsite will provided you with activities for children and adults as well as peaceful evenings.
Here the luxury is the peaceful during the night ! ! !
( Silence during the night: for the wellbeing of all, we ask for absolute silence on the campsite between 11 pm and 7 am)
A very quiet and peaceful place, free of noise, stress and agitation
- “Very spacious” and demarcated plots, pitches are grassy separated by hedges or flowers. All with electricity and the pitches Grand Comfort with water point, drainage and 5, 10 or 16 amp electricity.
A traditional touring camping :
- A “traditional” campsite : most camping pitches are located in the same area, and apart from statics. Ranging from 110 to 250 m² pitches are maked out and individually named with a choice of situation either in the shade of a group of trees or sheltered by a hedge.
- A modern, spacious and “exceptionally” clean amenity block which has a laundry, baby baths, hair-dryers..
On site 1st June to 10th September :
- Restaurant, bar and take away: what about having a Pyrenean drink with a lovely vieuw surrounding the valley. The camping du Lac invite you to taste some of the delicious specialities typical of south west France on the terrace. Whether you are looking for local specialities, a quick snack or quality fast food, everyone will leave satisfied.
- Baker’s every day with authentic French bread and “viennoiseries”, little supermarket, grocer’s, small store, ice, camping gas
ACTIVE HOLIDAYS, QUIET HOLIDAYS : IT’S YOUR CHOICE !
NeW TWO HEATED WATERPOOLS MINIMUM 23 ° (15 TH JUNE TO 10 SEPTEMBER)
- Main heated swimming pool . 14 m length. 1,60 depth
- Children paddling pool 18 m length between 0.40cm and 1m with especially a SPA dedicated to relaxation and well-being.
- At the back of the campsite : a spacious football pitch.
An activity area and playground for children to have fun. ( Closed at 9 pm to assure the peace and tranquility of your evenings)
- Free Wifi
- Children’s play area
- Mountain bikes
- Table tennis
AN EXCEPTIONAL LOCATION IN THE HEART OF HIGH PYRENEES
surrounded by the best know sites,
at the edge of the National Park of the Pyrenees.
The Camping du Lac is deally situated in the middle of 5 valleys
you can easily discover the natural heritage of the Pyrenees.
Situated in Arcizans-Avant “conservation area “a charming Pyrenean village, nestling at the foot of the National Park. Facing a small artificial lake surrounded by mountains created for agricultural needs and now used for fishing or walking.
Around the campsite :
- The valley of the ” Cirques” : Cirque de Gavarnie or Tourmouse or Estaube; designated as World Heritage by Unesco, impressive rocky barrier and glacier.
- The valley of Cauterets : discover the Pont d’Espagne, abreathtaking site nestling in the very heart Pyrenees National Park, the Gaube lake located in exceptional landscape with a viewpoint of the highest Pyrenean Massif ( Vignemale)
- The Valley of Azun a wide valley with typical lakes surrounded by moutains. This valley offers many departure points for family walking or hiking tours.
At the edge of the National Park and the famous mountain tops of “the Tour of France” all around it : Aubisque, Tourmalet, Aspin…
An excellent place to explore easily the National Park.